Anatel certification released the Public consultation n.º 54/2020 (annex) in order to update the Act 14448 (Technical Requirements for assessing conformity assessment of restricted radiation equipment).
Act 14448 is the standard of Anatel type-approval where the limits and conditions for many wireless devices are defined, such as WIFI, BT, RFID, UWB, SRD, and many others. This document brings what Anatel certification intends to include/change in the current rules. The public consulting will expire on Aug 23rd and until there any Brazilian can send comments using the Anatel system.
Here are the main topics described in this public consultation:
- Item 9.2 – Update the frequency range from Vehicle radars from 76-77 to 76-81 GHz and update the limits
- Item 9.5 – Allow a new type of device (Level Detection transmitter)to use the range of 76-81 GHz and includes its limits
- Item 10 – Update the 5GHz Band IV from 5725-5850 MHz to 5725-5895 MHz
- Item 11 – Define that 5GHz Band III (5470-5725 MHz)can only be used for indoor devices
- Item 22 – Include the new type of device (Vehicle communication systems – Intelligent Transportation System – ITS) allowing to use range 5850-5925 MHz
- Item 23 – Include the new type of device (Multiple Gigabit Wireless Systems)allowing to use range the 57-71GHZ bands
- Item 24 – Include limits to evaluate the Media Access Sharing System based on FBE and Load Based Equipment(LBE)@ 5GHz Bands