ENACOM approved Resolution No. RESOL-2020-854-APN-ENACOM#JGM in August 2020. According to this Resolution, new labeling requirements to telecommunication equipment within ENACOM approval become effective.
There is a two-year transition period for the implementation of new labeling requirements. The period starts from the date of the Resolution publication. From now, the RAMATEL logo must be used instead of CNC one. For the already approved devices that now bear CNC logo, these requirements must be implemented by August 2022.
Main points of the Resolution:
1. Identification label with the following information must be affixed on the approved telecommunication equipment:
– Standardized RAMATEL isotype and
– Registration number granted by ENACOM for RAMATEL
The label must be legibly, clearly visible, and indelible on the equipment. It is necessary to choose such shape and size of the logo that will fit the device. The RAMATEL registration number must be placed below the logo. The only case, when it is possible to place it at the right, when there is a horizontal isotype for labeling the product used.
2. If the dimensions do not allow to affix the label on the product, it must be printed on the user’s manual and/or at the corresponding packaging.
3. Modular units must be labeled with their own RAMATEL registration number. If such units are embedded into the device, it will be necessary to indicate that the device contains approved modular units. On the external part of the device itself, the word “CONTAIN” with the RAMATEL identification data of the approved modular unit must be affixed as below:
4. For telecommunication equipment installed on vehicles, the RAMATEL logo and registration number of the approved equipment may appear in the accompanying documents to the vehicles.
5. E-labeling can be used. In this case, the label must be displayed on the device’s own screen. Information on the e-label should be included in the user manual and instructions on how to get access to the information on the e-label must be attached. The
The full text of the Resolution is available here.
360Compliance provides Testing & Certification for type approval services and global market access in 195 countries. With proven expertise in worldwide regulations, 360Compliance can help your company shorten time to any market, minimize risks and manage the regulatory process from A-Z.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org