The Emirates Authority for Standardization & Metrology (ESMA) announced about the updated implementation rules for the regulation of Audio/Video and IT/Office Equipment categorized under the Low Voltage Equipment Regulation in the UAE certification.
Main changes are:
- Inclusion of IEC 62368-1:2014 (2nd Edition)
- Acceptance of CBTRs and CBTCs (within 3-year validity) issued against either 2nd or 3rd Edition of IEC 62368-1
- Inclusion of 20-Dec-2021 – Transition from 2nd to 3rd Edition of the IEC 62368-1 standard
- Inclusion of the product categories/classifications to be used when dealing with EQM applications
Product categories under this scope are:
- Stand-alone audio products
- Stand-alone video playing and recording systems
- Computing products
- Telecommunication products
- Printing productsFrom December 20, 2020, products covered within this scope shall comply with the IEC 62368-1 standard (2nd or 3rd edition) with a valid CoC issued under ECAS/EQM.From December 20, 2021, all products defined within this scope must comply with the 3rd edition of IEC 62368-1 standard alone with a valid CoC issued under ECAS/EQM.Contact our experts for more information about UAE certification.
360Compliance provides Testing & Certification for type approval services and global market access in 195 countries. With proven expertise in worldwide regulations, 360Compliance can help your company shorten time to any market, minimize risks and manage the regulatory process from A-Z.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org