Vietnam MIC has released draft Circular xx/2022/TT-BTTTT to replaced the Circular 11/2020/TT-BTTTT and Circular 01/2021/TT-BTTTT stipulating the new list of products under MIC Type Approval and Self-assessment DoC scope which shall take effect from July 01, 2022. New Changes of the draft Circular xx/2022/TT-BTTTT of Vietnam MIC is as per below:
1. MIC has updated new national technical standards (QCVN) to the list including:
(1) QCVN 22:2021/BTTTT (for safety of ICT product)
(2) QCVN 65:2021/BTTTT (RF for WLAN 5GHz)
(3) QCVN 123:2020/BTTTT (RF for 40GHz ~ 246GHz SRD)
(4) QCVN 124:2021/BTTTT (RF for 76GHz ~ 77GHz vehicle radar)
(5) QCVN 127:2021/BTTTT (RF for 5G NR SA mobile terminal)
(6) QCVN 129:2021/BTTTT (RF for 5G NR NSA mobile terminal)
1. MIC confirms that the list is applied for products having the matching HS code and product descriptions. However, if the product description/HS Code is not under the list, but under the scope of MIC QCVNs, organizations and individuals shall have to comply with according QCVNs and take responsibility for the products by themselves.
Meaning : Type approval certificate might not required during custom side – due to HS code not matching with control item, but Importer still required to comply with the standards and also apply the Type approval Certificate according to MIC.
1. QCVN 65:2021/BTTTT is accepted to replace QCVN 65:2013/BTTTT for importation clearance from July 01, 2022. But Type Approval certificate issued for QCVN 65:2013/BTTTT is still valid for importation until Jun 30, 2023. MIC accept both QCVN 65:2021/BTTTT and QCVN 65:2013/BTTTT at the same time till July 01, 2023.
2. A large number of products have been moved from Annex 1 – List of products under TA and DOC list to Annex II – List of products under DoC only including 76~77GHz radar, Certain frequency under generic SRD like RFID 13.56MHz, walkie-talkie, and SHF.
3. Several products has been completely removed from the mandatory list such as river-use VHF, Inmarsat F77 and etc.
The new Circular xx/2021/TT-BTTTT shall be formally issued around April 2022 and take effect from July 01, 2022.
Additional Notes of the New Draft Circular.
5G NR mobile phones and terminal devices which has been certified under QCVN 47:2015/BTTTT for 5G NR now need to apply for QCVN 127:2021/BTTTT (RF for 5G NR SA mobile terminal) and/or QCVN 129:2021/BTTTT (RF for 5G NR NSA mobile terminal).
At this moment, Vietnamese laboratories does not have 5G Generator or spectrum analyzer that can cater testing above 40GHz yet .So they can’t fulfil testing for QCVN 123:2021/BTTTT, QCVN 124:2021/BTTTT, QCVN 127:2021/BTTTT and QCVN 129:2021/BTTTT.
MIC may allow CE test report issued by ISO / IEC 17025 labs for these standards but this is not yet confirmed.