On 16 July 2019, the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) published the 21th update of the REACH Candidate List. Four new Substances of Very High Concern (SVHCs) were added. Therefor, the total number of SVHCs on the Candidate List increases from 197 to 201.
Besides the three substances which underwent public consultation during March and April, one further substance, 4-tert-butylphenol (PTBP) was also included into SVHC Candidate List. On 12 July 2019, the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) published Decision (EU) 2019/11943, which identified PTBP as a SVHC due to its endocrine disrupting properties.
The newly included and their potential application :
- 2,3,3,3-tetrafluoro-2-(heptafluoropropoxy)propionic acid, its salts and its acyl halides (covering any of their individual isomers and combinations thereof) –
Used as a processing aid in fluoropolymer resins (PTFE (polytetrafluorethylene) and FEP (fluorinated ethylene propylene).
- 2-methoxyethyl acetate –
Used as a solvent for gums, resins, waxes, and oils;
• Used in the manufacture of semiconductors, textile printing and photographic films;
• Used in paints, lacquers, stains, inks, varnishes, surface coatings, silk-screen printing;
• Used in textiles, leather, paper, acetate adhesives;
- Tris(4-nonylphenyl, branched and linear) phosphite (TNPP) with ≥ 0.1% w/w of 4-nonylphenol, branched and linear (4-NP) –
Used as an antioxidant to stabilise polymers;
• Used in food contact polymer articles;
• Used in coatings and adhesives;
- 4-tert-butylphenol (PTBP) –
Used in the production of polycarbonate and hydrogenisation;
• Used in the formulation / end use of adhesives, coatings, printing inks and paints;
• Used as monomer in the production of polymer thermoplastics;
For the file click on the links below:
360Compliance provides Testing & Certification for type approval services and global market access in 195 countries. With proven expertise in worldwide regulations, 360Compliance can help your company shorten time to any market, minimize risks and manage the regulatory process from A-Z.
Contact us at email@example.com